City of Red Deer

Victim Services

How To Cope With Sexual Assault as an Adult

What To Do if You Have Been Sexually Assaulted?

You can seek assistance from the police if you have been sexually assaulted. Please contact your local police department or the police department at the site of the assault.

Please refer to the Alberta government’s Victims of Crime Protocol if you are thinking about reporting a sexual assault to the police and would like to know what to expect from the criminal justice system.

After reporting sexual abuse to the police, you may be:


Red Deer City Victim Services Unit is here to assist you by proving you support, information and community referrals.

24 Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line

Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Center

  • Text: 1.866.956.1099
  • Online Chat or
  • Toll Free Call: 866.956.1099 

Sexual Violence Helpline:

  • Toll Free Call or Text:
  • Local Phone: 403-356-1099
  • Webchat:

Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services
24 Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line:

Red Deer City Victim Services Unit

We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way

Red Deer Victim Services Unit